MBPO Minutes from 8/8/2023

Mac Band Parent Organization Meeting Minutes

August 8, 2023 at 6:15pm

1.   Introductions: Pat, Vanessa, Brian, Troy, Andrea, Scott, Darci, Collin, Cassidy, Jeremy, Tegan, and Tonya

2.   Welcome to New Board members:  President- Pat Johnson, Vice President- Jeremy Weisz, Secretary- Chris Shurts, Treasurer- Brian Bailey, and Communications Coordinator- Cassidy Weisz

3.  Treasurer’s report: As of 4 days prior to meeting, Brian states we have $1300 in the main MBPO account and $6370 in the Bottle Drive account.  We still owe about $3,000 from expenses from last year.  The students earned $1451 from the car wash.  They washed 153 cars.

4.  Director’s report (presented by Brian): There are about 50 students in the band and guard.  We will need to do the uniform fitting on 9/12/2023, and we will need volunteers.  The props this year will be mostly metal.  Barton has a plan and is working on how to put it all together.

5.  Bottle Drives: Scott Milam reported that every Monday in August there will be a bottle drive at Recology at 10am.  Last Monday they filled about 60 bags.  Drum major and color guard will post on their Instagram accounts.

6.  Food: Tegan expressed appreciation for all of the snacks for band camp.  She will be making sure she has all of the allergy needs.  There will be sign-ups for helping at the competitions.  They will be sent out via the weekly email.  Meal planning will start soon.  Please let Tegan know if you are interested in helping.

7.  Merchandise: Tonya requested sizes of all the freshmen.  She would like to get an inventory for events, but she took some special requests at the meeting.  She will look into getting polos and Mac guard sweatpants.

8.  Darci volunteered to be the uniform manager. She will work with Sherri who is very experienced keeping uniforms organized and making sure all students have everything they need.

9.  Troy volunteered to be the travel chair. First task will be looking into what hotel is near the elementary school Mac Band will be staying in when they are at the Kamiak competition.  We are still planning on getting a hotel in Grants Pass for that competition.

10.  Container update: The container now has electricity.  Pat will be contacting someone to paint the band logo.  Collin and Brian are working on building the rack for the top of the container.

11.  McMenamins fundraiser on 9/25/2023 from 5pm until close. We will get 50% of all proceeds from all of their sales.  No flyers need to be presented.

12.  Tailgating party will be on 9/8/2023 before first football game. We will be doing pizza and people can bring sides or desserts.  Sign-ups will go out soon.