Greetings Band Parents and Mac Band Supporters,
Our first competition is finally here! We will be competing on October 2nd at Linfield University right here in Mac!!! If you have not had an opportunity to sign up and help, there are still spots open. Check out the volunteer signup sheet.
At this time, band members are expected to be at Linfield by 11:30am. We will be meeting at Sue Buel Elementary School parking lot as this will be the band’s staging area. Band members are expected to have eaten lunch at home. Snacks and water will also be available throughout the day. Dinner will be provided by the Band Parent Organization for band members and all volunteers at approximately 4:30. At this time, the menu will be hamburgers. Gluten free, vegetarian and vegan options will also be available based on reported dietary needs by the students.
The event is open to the public, and face coverings are required for all spectators and non-active participants. General admission tickets are available for $15 at the gate and good for the whole day. Tickets for children ages 2 to 10 are $10, and youth under the age of 2 are free.
A full schedule of the preliminary round is:
- 12:45 p.m. Opening ceremonies
- 1 p.m. Glencoe High School (A)
- 1:13 p.m. North Salem High School (AA)
- 1:26 p.m. McMinnville High School (AA)
- 1:39 p.m. Hillsboro High School (AA)
- 1:52 p.m. Sprague High School (AA)
- 2:05 p.m. break
- 2:15 p.m. Westview High School (AAA)
- 2:28 p.m. West Salem High School (AAA)
- 2:41 p.m. Sheldon High School (AAA)
- 2:54 p.m. Sherwood High School (AAA)
- 3:07 p.m. Mountainside High School (AAA)
- 3:45 p.m. Preliminary awards announced
The finals continue at 5:45 p.m. with the ten bands performing in ordering of ranking from the preliminary round, from tenth to first. The final awards will be given at 8:45 p.m.
See you at Linfield,
McMinnville Band Parent Organization